6.09.2013

Caught With My Pants Down


For one who seldom remembers his dreams I was awakened early Saturday morning by an event from a dream. It all started innocently. I was to meet some friends for dinner in Boston. I did not want to drive in town simply because I didn't want to pay the exorbitant rates they charge for parking. I looked for a place to park that would be near to the subway stop. I found a parking lot near a small office building and lo and behold there was neither an attendant nor an automatic gate where one needs a card in order to enter. Since it was late in the day on a Friday when many leave early to get a jump on a long weekend I noticed that there were plenty of spots available and I figured they wouldn't mind since I wasn't taking any one's spot even though there were signs warning about unauthorized parking. 

As I entered the lot I noticed what seemed to be a custodial type off at a distance looking at me and my car very inquisitively. Frankly, I was expecting to be told at any moment that I wasn't allowed to park there. But since that never materialized I continued to search and found a spot for my car. I must say that I was racked with the guilt feeling that one gets when you do something wrong. I tried to look cool, calm and collected as if I belonged there, but I continued to feel  a set eyes o following me. The next challenge was how was I going to leave that parking lot without entering the building. I couldn't go out from where I came in as it would be too obvious to the man looking that I didn't work there and had no business parking there. I got this funny feeling that he had called someone to verify my license plate number and was waiting for a response before he came out. I then noticed that there was an exit to an adjacent street behind the building and decided to go out that way where he couldn't see me anymore.

As I left and disappeared from that man's view, I got this gnawing feeling inside that I may return to find that my car had been towed. Seeing it was getting late to find an alternate place I said, "What the heck, I'll deal with the consequences later on."

In my dream I didn't recall anything about the dinner. The next scene opened up with my return. I was carrying two large bags and had just gotten off the train. What happened between the train station and the lot where I left my car or should I say that I was still hoping that it was there is a mystery. All I know is that for some strange reason I found myself with a shirt on however I had no pants and was carrying my underwear in my hand. As I entered the parking lot I breathed a sigh of relief at seeing my car parked where I left it. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone walking towards me. I didn't know what to do as I was naked from the waist down still not knowing how  or what caused me to be in that predicament. I thought of stopping to put my underwear on but could not see how to do this without exposing myself. My reaction was to cover the front of me by strategically using those two bags as a shield - at least for my manhood. Thankfully the man passed without incident; whether he noticed my bare ass is another story, but I wasn't too concerned about my backside. I continued walking to my car thinking once I got inside I could take care of the problem with the underwear.

Just as I got about ten feet from my car I heard, "There he is."
"Oh, crap!," I mumbled to myself as I froze with shame. It was the man who had spotted me earlier and this time there was a woman with him.

The dream ended with me standing there in a quandary saying, "What do I do now?"

I had been exposed. I got caught with my pants down.

No comments: