5.22.2016

Gaeta Visit 2016

It was nice to end the our Italy trip by spending 3 nights in Gaeta I just wish the stay there  had been a little longer (at least five days). Thankfully I was able to see most of my cousins - the only exception was Anita. In between we were able to fit in a visit to the Montagna Spaccata and a trip to San Felice Circeo. The thing we didn't do was go for a swim or spend some time at Serapo Beach. We did have a view of it from our balcony. It was good to have Franca, Sandra, Franco, e Francesco come to visit at the hotel. Unfortunately even though more are able to meet together some still hold grudges. This is the nasty legacy that was passed down from prior generations. You would think that all of us would have learned our lessons from all the turbulence that has preceded us.

I always had longed for the day when these long standing grudges would be dropped so that we could all to sit at the same table but I see that it's still going to take time. But time is fleeting and I think of my cousin Mimino who is no longer with us. The only solace from my visit was that it had brought a few more together. It's so difficult for the one visiting especially in having only a limited time to visit each one individually.

I finally ended the rift between the Viola's and the Dell'Anno's by visiting my aunt Anna. I had some trepidation a as to how I would be accepted and I was overwhelmed by the warmth I felt especially from Maria Libera, my newly found cousin. I now think that my Dad is finally resting in peace - I know this is something he would have wanted. Thanks for being present in spirit Dad.

It surely sounded that your sister really liked you. She thought so much of you that she named her son after you, Apostolo. She was able to give me a glimpse into your character and personality. You would have been a good role model for me. I hope I was able to fill a small portion of your shoes.

No comments: